Thursday, January 5, 2012

terrible twos at 1 and 1/2

15 weeks

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
holy muscle memory. that belly just popped out!!

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

mommy can feel the baby moving a little the past few days. we get to see him/her on ultrasound next monday (the 16th) ... and MAYBE find out if it IS a him or her!!! I'm not sure which I'm hoping for.
Mommy is hoping for a baby sister, mostly because this will be our last baby in the family, and she has always wanted a little girl. But a baby boy would be fun too... a permanent play mate for ME!!
(Plus we have all the clothes in the right sizes for a little boy!!!!)

I have been a handful lately.
Photobucket
The terrible two's have begun at barely 1 and 1/2.
I have a mind of my own.
I don't eat what I don't want to eat.
I throw whatever I am done with ... sippy cups, food, forks, toys.
No-no does not phase me in the least.
I just throw my fork and then say no-no. It was cute, it's not anymore.
Slapping my hand does not phase me. I just slap back, which is even more of a shocker to mommy and makes her even more unsure how to handle all this.
we are going to take our chance with time out and see how it goes.
we just have to put the necessary things in place to KEEP me in time out until I'm big enough to understand.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
if that doesn't work -- we are calling super nanny.

I finally gave up my bedtime bottle on new years eve: preparing for 2012 and a new baby who needs my bottles more than me.
 It's been 6 nights and so far I haven't even noticed they are missing. Mommy does though. She misses our cuddle time, but we are finding it other ways (if/when I hold still.)
Photobucket
Photobucket

i've become quite the picky eater.
I like a food one day, hate it the next.
bananas, blueberries, waffle, mac n cheee, applesauce, cottage cheese and eggs are pretty much always safe.

Photobucket
mommy tried to do green beans tonight, and i shivered and gagged i hated them so much.
But then i will eat a gerber grabber pouch, filled with peas, broccoli, and pears all mixed together and love it down to the last drop. figure that one out.

I am still so on a purple kick.
EVERYthing is purple.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
this toy, purple.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
that tree... purple.
I refuse to say any of the other colors.

I love love my cats, but they RUN from me.
(maybe because I poke their eyes and pull their hair?)
here I am with a kitty toy.
Photobucket
but I still can't seem to lure them close enough to me to grab!
Photobucket
Photobucket

here are some extra cute moments...
Photobucket
watching yo gabba gabba with daddy

sUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
my thunder thighs, makes me all the cuter!!
 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
having a talk about the new baby
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
the baby needed a hug
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App



when you watch this video, turn up the volume. i fall off the couch, and then say uh-oh.
we think it's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog