Sunday, October 20, 2013

October 20

Today I told Eli "keep your hat on, you'll catch pneumonia!" Something my mom always use to say to us. And my grandma. Something that came out without even thinking.

Turns out, he DID catch pneumonia. I still don't understand HOW he got it or how It started and WHY no one else was as sick as him. We all had a nasty cold virus, but for some reason, Eli got the nastiest of it, deep down in his lungs. Tuesday he had a cold and a barking cough. Tuesday night we considered taking him to the doctor because he may have croup. Wednesday while Eli was still sleeping, I was at work and someone mentioned whooping cough going around even despite the vaccine. So, I called and scheduled him an appointment.
Two minutes later I went to call mike but he texted me first. "He's not well."

I had no idea how bad he got until I saw him in his car seat when I met mike at the doctors office. He was white as a ghost, slumped over, and staring. He wouldn't look at me, he wouldn't smile, he would talk.
He just stared.
I instantly had this sense of panic rush over me. This was not just croup. 

Poor boy just let me hold him the whole time the doctor examined him. (He always cries as soon as the doctor touches him). He just laid there staring when he got a shot of rocephin. No tears. I think it was taking all his energy to just breath. He was breathing so fast and so shallow I still was panicked when the doctor said we would go home with no albuterol or steroids. So I made them check his oxygen level - 94%. So we went home and little boy got a lot of tender lovin' care.
Within 48 hours, with 2 days worth of antibiotics, he was back to his old self again.
He scared the crap outta ME, ill tell you that. Daddy too. 
Today we are hanging out and no one is fussy and no ones nose is running every 30 seconds. Today is a good day. 
Sammy Sam is starting to communicate with words instead of pointing and grunting. 
This past week he says Dora,

Boots, Backpack (all words from Dora) and he added tickle tickle, thanks (which sounds more like dah), and meow.

He also gives hi fives and has figured out how to get himself down from high places - like the couch. He follows any command - which is hilarious. He puts his diapers in the diaper genie and goes to get his shoes. He's getting so smart. :)
Both boys are loving the fall leaves. 
Wau-wau and papa too. 
We all are loving fall around here.
and the fuzzy caterpillars, oh the fuzzy caterpillars.
"cadapidders" eli calls them.
they. are. every.where.
Too bad winter is just around the corner.
I am NOT looking forward to it.
Christmas yes. Winter no.
 photo D4D1D2E8-E825-4F0C-B1A2-9CD46472749C-9097-000007BDBC7926C5_zpsd78ccd79.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog