Friday, November 29, 2013

Are you there God, it's me Margaret.

Where are the answers on handling toddler behavior? 

Or how do I not let it get to me when I have to peel a three year old off my leg when I go to work and leaving him screaming for his mommy. Don't go to work mommy!!!! 
And do I let him "cry it out" in his room when he's crying mommy come up here and give me one more kiss!!! ? 
Putting him in bed with us would fix all our night time problems ... But we have made it this far with a kid-less bed. We can't give in now. 
I think I have this whole parenting thing under control and I'm actually feeling kinda good at it ... And then Eli throws me a curve ball, every time. 
So google says that 3 year old anxiety is normal ... Since my trusty bible above does not provide me with ANY information.  

...and this too shall pass ...

We had a family filled thanksgiving ... After spending the last two thanksgivings in Hebron without our families. 
Mike had to work so I took the boys up for the day. 
We had to do daytime (napless) travel so it was a little rough in our car for a little bit. 

Mimi cooked thanksgiving for the first time and we had as many desserts as we had people. 
We missed my grandpa, especially this week since it was a year ago that he passed away. 
He would have loved all the desserts and would have wanted a taste of each of them. 

... I had to work today but mike and the boys got to spend time with his family. Eli decided he was thankful for corn 
And of course papa


but most of the day he said he was thankful "for NOTHING!".
I did, however, get him to committ to being thankful for sammy and for fruit snacks.



so now that thanksgiving is over...
on to christmas.
our tree has been up since the beginning of november...
 photo 072B2D32-8FE8-487A-80B5-4F708F06B3BF_zpstuy41gzt.jpg
and elf on the shelf may make his debut this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog