Tuesday, June 19, 2012

80 hours...

my days are dwindling as a parent of one child.
i know eli will have no memory of this time, but i am still trying to make it fun, our last few days just us.
he's had the luxury of me sitting wherever he tells me for as long as he wants me to.
momma hold you - he tells me - and i pick him up.
he has become quite the little affectionate child, head on my shoulder, patting my back. 
he has never been overly cuddly, so i am loving it. 
he has had mommy and daddy most days this week, with both of us doing bath time and eating all our meals together -- all things we are not used to being able to do.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
i am spoiling him rotten, and i probably will have to pay for that in the weeks to come. 
 we had TWO snacks tonight -- fudgesicles AND animal crackers.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
tonight we went out and caught lightning bugs -- 
eli was half terrified, half excited!
once we caught them and then let them fly away, he was very impressed with the bugs and their yellow lights.
He had so much to say about it, and I don't think his mouth can move as fast as his brain just yet. 
In the last 2 weeks, his language skills have taken off - it is a constant conversation with him all day long ... he never shuts his mouth.
It's exhausting really, and I tease mike that it's because I have been home with him for 2 weeks. 
because as you know, i tend to talk, a LOT, and mike?, not so much.
 
anyway, hopefully by next monday Eli can't say take that baby back, or something along those lines. 
I'm really anxious to see how he does when Sam gets home and settled.
this will be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog