Monday, July 15, 2013

FREE!!

Three years ago today ... I was turning 30 and I was given the best gift yet... Becoming a mommy. 
(Actually no one GAVE me the gift...I had to painfully earn it with 28 hours of labor...but you know, who's keepin track?! Maybe one day ill let it go but three years hasn't been long enough for me to forget!) 
We have a week of celebrating around here ... With Eli's birthday and then mine the next day... Our birthday wreath is hanging on the door 
and we have had a week of special fun things ...
Like stroller rides 
(Eli can be nice to Sam if be thinks no one is watching.)

Stickers
sidewalk chalk
pool days
and special visitors. 

Eli says he is "FREE" and I secretly hope he says that all year. 
They say the threes are worse than twos, and we are seeing that a little. For instance, Eli refused to blow out his candles, he wanted to "leave them on. " But then he wanted NO help and wanted to blow them out by himself. But THEN he wanted mommy to blow them out. I recorded it all but I can't even make myself rewatch it. I have learned not to turn off/on lights, take him out of his car seat, etc... because then I will just have to wait while he gets back IN the car seat and gets himself out. 
I guess independence is a good quality to have, right? Right. 
(This is him telling me to make the stroller go FAST mommy!!)
So what does every FREE year old need for his birthday ...?
a John Deere gator power wheel of course. 
Maybe by the time he turns four he will drive it. 
In typical Eli fashion, he is apprehensive at first. 
(Which so is Sam, so I'm not sure what's up with THIS!) 

So far Eli has washed his tractor and loaded and unloaded and loaded and unloaded the back of it. But he makes sure no one is going to turn it on. 
Once he gets comfortable though, watch out. And these things are not made with seat belts, which I can't believe. 
Wau-wau and papa got him a scooter, and a helmet (which he WILL not put on!) 
Stubborn boy. 
Two stubborn boys we have. 
they are lucky the are cute. 

(This one isn't walking yet...but knows WHERE he wants YOU to walk him, holding his fingers. If you go the wrong way, he lets you know!)
So happy third birthday mr Eli. 
(yes, he's been wanting to wear a bib?!) 

It's hard to believe how fast you go from this 
to this
in the blink of an eye. 
You have changed so much but if you look close enough... that crazy eli look is always in your eyes. 
Mommy and daddy love you very much birthday boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog