Friday, August 23, 2013

Random thoughts for a Friday night

One of Eli's favorite things to do is to walk back to the pond and throw rocks/acorns/sticks in. Sammy has been watching quietly in his wagon for over a year ... Not big enough to join in. Today we went back like we always do 
And Sammy wanted OUT. 
He walked right up to the edge of the pond and threw his little acorn like he's been doing it his whole life. His acorn didn't make it even close to the water ... But he knew what he was doing. It wasn't the first time he mimicked Eli ... But it just made me realize how Sam will be looking up to Eli his whole life. 
Monkey see.  monkey do. 

Ei is still mean to Sam most of the time but a few times a day I see him do something nice for Sam. He will bring him a spatula to hold on a stroller ride (because Eli likes to take random household utensils with him when we go places. ) or he will say "MOM, Sammy wants more milk! That's why he's pointing!" 
Speaking of pointing ... Sam is all about pointing and whining or saying "da" at whatever he wants. .. but he is not talking. He has a few words, hot, uh-oh, kitty. Eli had about 30 words at this age. . . and I'm not supposed to compare kids --- but it's hard not to worry about WHY he doesn't talk. 
He communicates, but just not with any real words. 
But he's got a big brother to communicate for him 
So I'm trying not to focus on it too much, but worrying is the name of my game :)

I think Eli is seriously traumatized by the puking episode. He asks me multiple times per day " mommy, did Sammy puke last night? I didn't like that smell. Is Sammy gonna puke again?"  Maybe he has inherited my fear of vomit. Emetophobia. For real. It's a real word. Google it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog