Saturday, April 16, 2011

boys will be boys


Alright!
Photobucket
Nothin' Mommy can do to stop it she says. 

Before she knows it I will be giving noogies and peeing on the toilet seat. 
That's the story of her life, growing up with my 3 uncles. 

Here is why I say this now. 
I got sick about a month ago, and was a pretty mellow, whiny, clingy little guy for a few weeks. I just wanted to be held.
Once I got to feeling better, it's as if somehow has unleashed the beast inside me. 
And every day, I have taken the word "rough house" up a notch.
rough·house *eh-hem*
n. Rowdy, uproarious behavior or play.
v.  rough·housed, rough·hous·ing, rough·hous·es
v.intr. To engage in rowdy, uproarious behavior or play.
v.tr. To handle or treat roughly, usually in fun.
 
So you see, I am all boy. 
 
I bite. Myself.
Photobucket
Luckily only once that we know of.
(But I didn't cry.)
 
I wear tap-out clothes. 
Enough said.
Photobucket
(just for the record, Mommy did NOT purchase that shirt.)
 
I like to get wet and play in the water. 
Photobucket
Yes, in the dishwasher. But atleast it was clean water. 
 
Daddy goes outside to mow, and I can hardly stand not being out there with him.

Photobucket

It was fun to see him outside when I was inside.
 
I'm gonna be the kind of little boy that plays outside and rides his bike and catches lightning bugs until I'm drug inside when it gets dark out. 
No nintendo nonsense for this little boy. 
 
Today I found out about rocks.
Photobucket
They're pretty cool.
Photobucket
Except I wasn't allowed to eat em. 

Mommy and I played with the rocks while Daddy mowed.
Photobucket
The sun was shining and it kept our tootsies warm.
Photobucket

Needless to say, I'm probably gonna be a linebacker.
Photobucket

So, while Mommy and Daddy are trying to keep my biting, hair pulling, head-butting to a minimum ... I'm having a blast.
I'm beginning to understand "no-no". I cry when some tells me sternly, but then I do the forbidden thing anyway. 
This is usually eating cat food, or pulling nightlights/carbon monoxide detectors out of walls. 
Somethings a boy can't resist. 

Mommy loves me so, boy or not. 
She always dreamed of a nice little prissy little girl in dresses and headbands, and patent leather shoes. 
Maybe one day she will get her baby Emersyn. 
But she better not get any ideas with the dresses with me.
(You know she dressed my Uncle Markie is a dress one time...)
Tonight, I was snuggling with Mommy and Daddy on the couch. 
Mommy was giving me my bottle and commenting on how our days of bottles are numbered, and how I'm getting so big so fast. 
I can hold and feed myself my own bottle, but Mommy likes to give it to me anyway.
And as we were snuggling, and I was being a sweet, gentle, (tired?) little boy . . .
I reached up and yanked on her bangs as hard as I could. 
Then I shoved my hands in her mouth and giggled. 
So much for bedtime, cuz by then I was jumping on Mommy's lap. 
SIGH. 
Boys will be boys.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog