Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Letter from the editor

Eli took a much needed night off tonight. He was worn out because, as you know, sometimes 13 1/2 hours of sleep per night just isn't enough. 

I just wanted to fill you in on a thought that occurred to me tonight. 

Once upon a time I worked at the photo counter at Eastwood drug store/Acme Express/CVS, whatever it was called at the time.
Back before they put me in the pharmacy. 

Part of my job was to take your roll of film, 
ask if you wanted 3 1/2 X 5 prints, or 4 X 6's. 
Singles, or doubles ma'am?
Then your film waited in a bag until the "film man" came to pick up this bag.
Off he took it to a photo lab, and the next business day he brought it back.
You paid $5.99 or some special amount (FREE doubles!) to pick up your pack of pictures. 
And after allllllll that, 
you open your pack of pictures...
only to realize that all but 1 of the pictures on your roll of 24, someone was blinking. Or you had your finger in front of the lens.

Darn.

Thank goodness for the digital world we live in NOW. 
Because people, you see all the pictures I take?
And you only see the good ones. 
For each good one, there are at least 5 blurry versions 
(because the child NEVER stops moving!)
and 1 version where he just looks way too fat to post on here. ;)
kidding. 
kind of.

If I had to guess at how many times I've pushed the shutter button on my camera since Eli was born, I'd say at LEAST 2 million?
Imagine if I had paid for 4 X 6 double prints of each of those?!
That's some cash right there.

Wait 'til I tell Mike how much money I have saved him by chosing digital over film.
Maybe he'll let me go shopping. :)

Plus, in almost an instant, I can share my pictures with all the people that love Eli. Near or far away. 

And because I always have new pictures, 
here's some ones of the little crazy man from the past few days. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
spaghetti for dinner . . .
Photobucket


Oh how I love taking pictures of this little man. 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog