Wednesday, January 30, 2013

sick days

So I guess I wished a little too hard for some extra days off work.
The media hyped up this year's flu and scared everyone -- but they weren't joking around.
This flu sucks.
 Bad.
I'm on day 6, maybe seeing a little improvement.
my dear sweet husband's attempt to make me better
today i put on a little make up to perk myelf up
I had my dang flu shot.
 I give 100 a week or more, it seems I should be the LAST person to actually GET "the flu. "
Influenza A -- my doctor announced - showing me on a little stick that looked like a pregnancy test - With a little pink line next to influenza A.
 Gee thanks I told him as he was looking all proud of himself that he had the answer to my symptoms.
I knew I had the flu, I just need you to write the scripts thanks.
 
Anyway, mike quarantined me to the basement for quite a few days -- his prime concern was to keep the kids flu free.
But as the week went on and I kept on being just as sick -- his prime concern became HELP take care of these kids.
So we have tried our best to keep them healthy, and so far, knock on wood, they are healthy
(and FULL of energy!)


this boy face planted in the tub, and never cried



puffs are becoming a hit

 



wau wau and i convinced him his muscles were growing AS he ate his mac n cheese. small. white.lies.
 
 "mommy get up and chase me...
i don't care if you are sick."

they probably think I'm insane because my voice sounds like darth vader and I keep checking them for fevers every couple hours.

and
 
 
drum roll please...





mr i-dont-wannna-sit-on-the-potty himself ASKED to sit on the potty.
he then PEED on the potty.
for real.

 
THAT story is to be continued.
I'm sure... for a very very long time.
 
 
 




Golden slumbers kiss your eyes,
smiles await you when you rise.
sleep,
pretty baby,
do not cry,
And I will sing you a lullaby
 


So I'm sick, but atleast I'm sick here at home with my boys.
Eli (who is still resisting bedtime, naptime) asked me tonight,
mommy stay in here in my room ALLLL night?
(in the saddest most pitiful voice you can imagine!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog