Monday, July 25, 2011

12 month check up

Today we went to visit Dr. Pfau. I have no pictures of this because it was incredibly horrible and I never want to remember it ever. Never. 
Well it didn't start so bad but then I was flirting with the nurse and she jabbed me in the thigh (twice) with a needle. I do not intend on flirting with her again.  
Mommy cried cuz I cried so hard. That was not fun for us.

Other than that -- I am 27 lbs 1 oz. (HOLY!) and 31 inches tall. Yes folks, that is 95th and 90th percentiles. What saves me (I think) is that my hands are big, so Dr. Pfau says I am just meant to be a big boy. Daddy thinks I might play pro football.

Since I am walking pretty good (running practically), I have 12 teeth, and I say 10-15 words, Dr. Pfau is pretty happy with my development. He says I'm more like a 15-18 month old. (hmmmm, so maybe we can skip the 15 month appointment?)

Mommy and Daddy laugh at me I say so many words. It's kinda like being on a campus tour of a university when we walk around the house. I just point and name things. 
Door. Fan. Hot. Car. Ball. Fan. Tree. Bird. Fan. (always back to the fan) Hot (which is code for oven, grill, candle).  I even take out my pacifier to name things, then pop it back in. :)

After some ibuprofen and much consoling by Mommy, I perked up. Mommy took me to Walmart (mistake mistake mistake) to the salon inside and we got my hair trimmed. 
Photobucket
Photobucket
Uncle Andy says it looks like Ray Charles cut it. 
He may as well have.
But I'm still cute.

We swam in my crab pool again, but I have decided the gravel is much more interesting.
Photobucket
Photobucket
It hurts to walk on gravel. But I was doing it anyway.
 Photobucket
If you crawl on it, you have to do like this so it doesn't hurt.
 Photobucket

Happy Monday !
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog