Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Exhaustion

I am at my wits end.
This illness that is upon us better be gone by morning or mike and I are packing our bags and taking a vacation. A get-a-way.
When does this get easier?
Sam woke up last night at 1230 burning up and inconsolable. Stupid me... I was still in my work clothes on the computer. I didn't realize I wouldn't be sleeping at all or I would have gone right to bed. (I know, I shouldn't be
expecting a 2 month old to sleep every night !) So fevers all around - mike has it too. I've taken so many temperatures, wiped so many noses and asses -- and it seems lots harder with no sleep. Sam projectile vomited orange Tylenol puke in my hair today and down my shirt. Zoey peed on my new carpet in the basement. Mikes truck is in the shop and mine needs to go (again) when his is done.
Eli needs super nanny - for real. We need to do something with this boy. He is so sweet but is so mean to his brother (and the cats. ) It's a game to him. It's fun to make Sam cry. And see how mommy and daddy react. He doesn't care if u yell, spank, nothing. We are doing time out but he is oblivious. He just stands in the corner like he has no care in the world, making conversation about juice or cars or going outside. Yesterday he told Sammy - bless u Sammy - from time out. you can't help but laugh, but really, it's funny if I wasn't the one responsible for this boy. I don't know what else I can be doing. He goes to time out about once every few hours and it has no effect.
So there you have it. Mike and I are overwhelmed. We just looked at each other tonight -- total exhaustion -- an unspoken agreement that there will be no more children. :)
well said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog